Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pee-pee in the Potty!


We have had the training toilets out for the last 6 months per request from the pediatrician.  In the beginning Braxton loved to play with it, putting baby Shrek on it, to do his business.  Now they are only used as step stools or playing pretend while keeping someone else company while they actually use the real potty.  The only time that Braxton really practices is before bath time when he is conveniently naked.  So today he was headed to the potty before bath, Brooklynn a witness as she was already soaking in the tub.  I come in to see him on the potty with a small puddle on the floor.  She informs me that he dripped a little while taking the time to pull up the lid.  So when he popped up off the toilet we were all surprised to see the bottom filled!  Yeah!  First time peeing on the potty - a few weeks shy of turning 2.  He got high 5's all around and lots of verbal praise.  We will see if this is just a good timing kind of thing or if he is ready to start training.  I'm not holding my breath but am very proud of our boy!
 *since I posted this Braxton surprised us again by using the potty before bathtime again two days later.  However I made the mistake of letting him do his treatment without a diaper because he had just gone - the result was urine on the chair pillow as well as my pants! 


No comments: