I had never been to the Marion County Fair and to be honest I didn't have high expectations seeing as most of the county is urban (plus the fact that I grew up doing 4-H in one of the biggest county fairs in not only the state but the country). However it was a lot better than I had anticipated.
| They each had the chance to simulate milking a cow. |
We spent time seeing the animals (I have no idea where people hide these the rest of the year as I don't ever pass them when I am around Indy).
| Braxton even had the opportunity to ride a donkey! |
We found Brooklynn's 3 individual projects along with her group project.
Brooklynn was in foods and she had previously made marshmallow crispy treats a few weeks before for judging. So they took a picture of it to display at the fair.
She took a pottery workshop class last winter where she made this heart shaped bowl.
She also did a project called Adventures. She filled out a book about herself and had to choose something to make and display. Heath and she made that original bird feeder that you see behind her.
Her cloverbud group submitted a group project that they did together during the year. She is standing in front of the poster they made, in which she weaved one of the checkered rectangles.
Because it is only mini-4H they only get participation ribbons but she was excited none-the-less. We spent the rest of our time looking around at the commerical building where the kids got some fun things to play with and then got some good fair food!
Brooklynn is planning on continuing with 4-H so we will be frequenting the Marion County Fair for years to come!
1 comment:
Thanks for posting the fair pictures. It's nice to see the projects after hearing about them. Way to go, Brooklynn Nicole! Wow, it must have been really hot by the looks of Braxton's hair! Glad fall is on it's way...
Post a Comment