Sunday, August 16, 2009

Zoo days are over!


As Brooklynn starts school in a few days we took a last trip to the zoo while our pass was still active and while we could beat the busy weekend crowds. It was a nice day, while cooler in the morning it got hot as the day went on, and the slower and sweatier I got! It was a great last family outing before school. I am becoming quite emotional as I deal with the release our daughter to full time Kindergarten and soon "losing" the family of 3 that we have been for so long!
Brooklynn and Heath rode the small roller coaster. They are the two in the second "car" back with their hands up! She got her daddy's adventerous side!

Brooklynn loves to take a ride on the ponies. I remember her first ride when she was only 11 months old! They told her she was a natural (because of her balance).

Brooklynn enjoys spending time with the goats and petting them.

Earlier in the summer we took some friends with us to the zoo. Here are Lydia and Brooklynn in front of the meerkats.





1 comment:

Courtney Craig said...

If I recall properly, a little girl got some goat poop on her shoe a few years back, and SCREAMED about it until it was gone, gone, gone! And, now she likes petting them?!?!