It is official - my baby has done gone and left me! She will now spend her days with Amy - Amy Beverland Early Learning Center that is. I was utterly surprised that no tears were shed although I have been preparing myself for this for a few months now. She officially started her public schooling full time today on August 18th, 2009. It is the beginning of the end. For the next 13 years she will spend most of her days in school only to leave for college after that! I can't believe that she is 5 and out the door already. Okay, okay...I'm done venting...on with the story...
We took the .2 mile hike down to the bus stop. She was so excited to meet up with the kids and to see her good friend Katy.
They are like peas in a pod. They have different teachers which will be good for meeting other kids, but have one another on the bus and to play with at home. After waiting for about 10 minutes the bus finally rolled around. 
We were greeted by the friendly and agreeable bus driver who agreed to pick the kids up closer to the house (PRAISE GOD!). Now we will be able to see the bus from the house and not have to hike it down to the original stop. This truly is a blessing from the Lord because now I won't have to drive her down in the snow and rain and can leave a sleeping newborn at rest too!
She has a packed lunch for today: PB&J, grapes, goldfish crackers, an oreo and a capri sun. Tomorrow she will eat at school since they are having Chicken Nuggets,Mashed Potatoes and Applesauce. I have a feeling she will be packing it more than eating there but she seems to be okay with it. She only knows packing a lunch because of her time at preschool.
Riding the bus home is a different matter though. The kindergarten gets out 40 minutes earlier than the elementary school so it would take her over an hour after she is released to get home. For today I am going to pick her up, especially since we have to be at soccer by 6 (which is a whole new start for her as well - truly a day of beginnings)! I can't wait to see her and to see how her day went!
No comments:
Post a Comment