Sunday, April 5, 2009

Girls Road Trip to Michigan!



Brooklynn and I went to visit Trisha in Kalamazoo, MI this weekend. It was an easy trip up 69 and over on 94. Took us 3 hours 15 minutes both ways. Brooklynn spent her car ride with her leapster, DVD player, and crayons n coloring book. I on the other hand hand both hands on the wheel because there were 20-25 MPH winds all the way there!

We met aunt T at McDonalds by her house and had a late lunch. We spent the rest of the day lounging at her pad (Momma wasn't feeling so hot that evening). Aunt T has a pet squirrel (kind of) that she feeds peanuts. Brooklynn and Charlie became acquainted.
Saturday morning we got up and around and spent a couple hours at Bounceland. Brooklynn and T had lots of fun in the bounce houses!





We headed for lunch at Billbo's pizza, T's favorite. I have to say we enjoyed it as well! After that we hit the mall and I found some curtains for our living room with Trisha's help. Now to just get them up and working! The rest of the evening was spent in front of the tube watching the final four. Since T lives in Michigan now it was all "Go State!". I was also rooting for them - got to root for the Big 10 baby!
Sunday we got up and started the trek home. We didn't stop either way - that is a lot to say for a pregnant lady and a preschooler! It was a nice and relaxing trip but it is always good to be home sweet home.

1 comment:

Courtney Craig said...

Glad you guys had a good trip!